Interested in knowing what Offer Pad, Knock, We Buy Ugly Houses, Mark Spain, etc are looking for in buying someones' home?
Using our partner, Property Homes of America, I am giving you an idea of what homes typically will not qualify for quick purchase schemes:
(Note: Besides the Condition of the house, they look at HOA's, property type, and other aspects of the property that may hinder a resale of the property.)
- Homes must be in good cosmetic and structural condition, in Home Partners’ discretion.
- Home Partners will not purchase homes that are over 100 years old.
- Home Partners will not purchase homes over 30 years old that are in original condition or with obsolete floorplans.
- Homes must have updated plumbing and electrical (e.g. no polybutylene or galvanized plumbing, aluminum branch wiring, cloth wiring).
- All homes must be 100% completed prior to submittal.
- Home Partners will not purchase homes with incomplete rehab projects or structures on the premises that are in disrepair.
- Homes with a door on an upper level must have a balcony, deck or staircase built on the exterior.
- Homes with liens, open permits or unpermitted rehab work will not be considered.
- Homes must have central air conditioning (exceptions may apply in CO, OR, MN, PA and WA). All new construction homes must have central AC regardless of location.
- Homes must not have any environmental hazards (e.g. mold, lead paint, vermiculite insulation, asbestos, etc.).
- Homes built in Maryland before 1978 must have a Lead Free Certificate (contact Home Partners for specifics).
- Homes with seepage or subject to flooding will not be considered.
- Homes must have a structurally sound foundation. All structural issues must be remedied and resulting collateral damage repaired.
- Home Partners will not consider homes with dirt driveways.
- Homes with a history of sinkholes anywhere on or near the property will not be considered.
- Home Partners will not purchase houses that have sunrooms with glass ceilings.
- Home Partners will not purchase homes with synthetic stucco facades.
If you are ready to sell your Home, please call me and let me share what Coldwell Banker and Jim Bowen can do for you. Call me at 404-273-7653